A Better Version of Me
Friday, February 17, 2006
 
It's Not Just The Snow That's White At The Winter Olympics
Bryant Gumbel made an interesting statement about these winter games recently on his HBO Real Sports show:

"Count me among those who don't care about them and won't watch them. So try not to laugh when someone says these are the world's greatest athletes, despite a paucity of blacks that makes the Winter Games look like a GOP convention."


Good one, Bryant. We all know what happened to Rush Limbaugh when he made some racial remarks about Donovan McNabb a few years ago. That became a huge deal in the media. I have a feeling Mr. Gumbel's brilliant take on the Winter Olympics will get widely ignored. Too bad. He deserves to get booted from his post like everyone else who has made stupid remarks in the past. I don't think I'll be adding HBO to my cable package anytime soon--so there!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares