A Better Version of Me
Sunday, May 15, 2005
 
Return of the Boom Bap
Jason: 1-0
Bree: 0-1

Tennis season has returned, and the right-handed Goran Ivanisevic is better than ever. Granted, I did trail 1-5 with my wife serving at double match point, but it was all me from that moment forward. I fought back and won that game and then Big Mo came over to my side of the net. Then I finally harnessed the power of my thunderous serve and rolled on to take a 6-5 lead. At 6-5, 40-15, I noticed Bree looking a bit dejected. I said, "Don't worry, it'll all be over after this serve."

"No it won't," she shot back.

I then proceeded to slam home my final ace of the match and walk over to her side with an extremely large grin on my face.

Next?

*UPDATE*

Jason: 1-1
Bree: 1-1

So much for my undefeated season. I blew the lead this time. Argh! Maybe keeping track of wins and losses isn't such a good idea. I should've learned by now that I'm much better at being sneaky-good at things. Once I start to toot my own horn, everything goes to shit. No more Pompous Jason; Inconspicuous Jason is back, and he's in full motherf*ckin' effizect!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares