A Better Version of Me
Friday, May 06, 2005
 
My Favorite Pairs of Genes
I never had any younger sisters, but I have been very close to these three young cousins of mine over the years. I rediscovered this picture in my photo album, a.k.a. shoebox full of pictures, the other day.


I hadn't realized how much everyone in my family has grown up until I went to Miranda's eighth grade graduation last weekend. She used to sit on my knee wearing pigtails. Now she's going on to highschool and taking the unsuspecting Kansas country boys by storm. Yikes!


The older I get, the more I realize that I have a truly wonderful extended family. Growing up, I guess I took this for granted. I thought everyone had a family full of kind, loving individuals. Now I realize that such a family is not so easy to come by. I can find many things wrong with my life, but my family is not one of them. For that, I am truly grateful.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares