A Better Version of Me
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
 
Phone Is Ringin', Oh My God
I recently called Sprint PCS and threatened to cancel my service (major bluff on my part) if I didn't get a better deal on my wireless plan since my 2-year agreement had expired. Once I said the magic word, 'cancel', I was transferred to a retention representative. She promptly offered me 750 anytime minutes, free PCS-to-PCS and unlimited nights & weekends starting at 7 p.m. for the same price that I was paying for 500 AT and 9 p.m. NW, $45. Not a bad deal, I thought, so I stayed on board. So, if you've been a loyal customer of Sprint, or any other company, don't be afraid to go after a better deal. It's not that hard and you'll save some serious $$$.

Oh, I also got a 10% monthly discount for being a credit union member. Here's a handy list of businesses whose employees are eligible for discounts through Sprint. Some of these deals are pretty sweet. I'll have to keep this list in mind next time I'm looking for a job. A 25% discount through my employer would be a nice little perk.

Okay, that's enough money-saving dorkiness for today. I'll post some more of my favorite secrets to frugality every now and again.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares