A Better Version of Me
Sunday, February 27, 2005
 
Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds
I got a new puppy a couple days ago. Her name is Lucy. She's a five-month-old black labrador retriever mix. The shelter wasn't sure who her dad was, but they knew her mom was a lab. The more I'm around her, the more I think she's got some Shar Pei in her. She has lots of loose skin and some wrinkles around her face. She's a very sweet dog that rarely barks. So far she has only barked at my parents' cat. Other dogs don't seem to get her too excited. She still has a ways to go on the house training. I need to get a fence built in the backyard so she can spend some more time outside. I think she'd enjoy that immensely.

To think that Lucy could have been put to sleep on Friday makes me sad. I'm glad I was able to save one dog from an untimely death. I love Lucy.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares