A Better Version of Me
Friday, February 18, 2005
 
I Want Myyyyy...I Want My MVPeeeeeeeeee
So now Mike Greenwell's bitchin' and moanin' about finishing second to a steroid-juiced Jose Canseco on the 1988 A.L. MVP ballot. Boo hoo, Mr. Greenwell. I'm sorry, but I don't think you have much of a case here. Canseco was a unanimous choice in '88. Yeah, maybe he would've only hit 30 homeruns without the juice, but that's still more than your piddly 22. Plus, his extra bulk probably slowed him down, so, without the 'roids, he easily could have stolen more than the 40 bases he managed to swipe that year. So shut up, Mike. A 30-30 Canseco would have beaten you almost as easily as the 40-40 version did. If you really want to do something about it, why don't you borrow Uncle Rico's time machine, set it for 1988, and re-live your last moments of glory over and over again. Otherwise, it's 2005 now. Get over it already.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares