A Better Version of Me
Friday, January 14, 2005
 
Whoooaah!!
I just stumped the chumps and won dinner for two at Jazz, purveyors of some mighty fine cajun cuisine. That scenario is exciting in and of itself, but the plot thickens. Now I get to return next Thursday for a "stump-off" with three other gents where the winner gets a 46" plasma television. Oh yeah!

What were the winning questions, you ask?

Me: Who was the last MLB player to hit 2 inside-the-park homeruns in one game?*

Them: Willie Wilson. WRONG!

Them: Who was the last MLB player to hit 2 grand slams in one inning?

Me: Fernando Tatis. CORRECT!

I stumped the chumps, and they didn's stump me! I knew my vast amount of seemingly useless sports trivia knowledge would come in handy someday. Well ladies and gentlemen, that day has arrived. I'll let ya'll know if I win the big prize next week.

*The correct answer to my question is Greg Gagne. He hit two inside-the-park homeruns on October 4, 1986, for the Minnesota Twins.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares