A Better Version of Me
Tuesday, January 11, 2005
 
To Infinity, and Beyond
How do you define location? To me, the term defines itself fairly easily on Earth. Here, everything has a place. I am in my house. My house is in Kansas. Kansas is in the U.S.A. The U.S.A is in North America, and so on. However, further beyond the realm of the beautiful planet we call home, the location of things gets harder to fully comprehend.

I guess the ultimate question I always end up asking myself is, "Where is the universe?" If everything else resides within some other designated area, then what houses the universe? After all, most scientists theorize that the universe continues to grow to this day. If that hypothesis holds water, then what is our universe growing into? Could our universe really be dangling from the neck of some extra-terrestrial cat or do the limits of our universe represent the end of the material world as we know it? Where does existense end?

I don't think I'll ever be able to solve this problem that confronts me from time to time. Frustrating problems like these make belief in a higher being much easier to accept because I sure as hell can't fathom everything that takes place in the universe in my limited little mind.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares