A Better Version of Me
Monday, January 24, 2005
 
Take a Numb3r
Did anyone else catch the premier of "Numb3rs" last night on CBS? I'm not one to watch too many television dramas, except for the occasional "24;" however, "Numb3rs" came on after the Patriots/Steelers game I had been watching on my new TV, so I decided to give it a shot.

I'll have to say I enjoyed the show's premise of using mathematical equations to solve crimes. I've always enjoyed making up my own equations, albeit very basic ones, for real-life situations. I don't know how feasible it is to create a formula to predict where a criminal resides, based on where he commits his crimes, but perhaps a real mathematician could offer me more insight on the subject. After all, there are equations out there that can pinpoint the worst day of the year!

Anyway, I enjoyed seeing a mathematician play a major role in a television show. He was actually a pretty cool guy, too; not the stereotypical tool that enjoys math. The show as a whole could probably use a little work, but I think I'll give it another shot next week; simply because math rocks!

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Listed on BlogShares